Step by Step
We are here to help. For any of the following steps, we are just a phone call away for additional information, resources, and planning assistance. 1 800 4DHE INC
- Identifying/Locating Your New Plant Site – Typical Requirements
- Lot Size - We recommend a minimum of 2 acres for a 10 mixer truck. operation. The shape of the property will also impact the actual usable area and operation process.
- Zoning – Look for M3 zoning or equivalent, check your local zoning regulations to identify a property specific use permit to reference "Concrete Ready Mix". Ask us to provide a free zoning check to determine if your potential site is zoned for concrete production.
- Site Power – Must have 600-amp -1200-amp, 3 phase, 460 volt service.
- Water - Minimum 2" supply, with 8,000 gallons per hour capacity.
- Access – Pay attention to street entrances and exits, these will have impact on truck traffic flow and cycle efficiency.