HOW TO CHARGE A CONCRETE TILT MIXERJanuary 29, 2014
Mixer Charging Sequence
• Is based on when materials enter drum.
• Not based on when material leaves scale.
• Water enters mixer first.
• Aggregate enters drum 1-2 sec. after water does.
• Cement enters drum 1-2 sec. after aggregate.
• Cement finishes first – (approximately 1-2 sec before aggregate).
• Aggregate finishes (approximately 1-2 before water).
• Water finishes last.
Note: The discharging sequence of admixture can have a large effect on the quality of concrete. Please consult with the admix company on proper sequencing times.