CONCRETE BATCH PLANT MAINTENANCE AND LUBRICATION SCHEDULEOctober 15, 2013
ALWAYS USE LOCKOUT-TAGOUT PROCEDURES. PLEASE REVIEW ALL RECOMMENDED
SAFETY PROCEDURES BEFORE WORKING ON YOUR PLANT.
- Listen for air leaks. Loss of air pressure can reduce the accuracy of your batching.
- Visually look for excessive wear or changes in your batch plant.
- Drain all air tanks, manifolds and water traps.
- Check oil level in all pneumatic oilers on plant, fill as needed.
- Inspect all air cylinders, gates and valves.
- Inspect tension on all V-drive belts.
- Inspect conveyor belts for alignment and excessive wear.
- Inspect all guards to assure they are in place.
- Lubricate all screw conveyor reducer adaptors. (ONE PUMP ONLY)
- Lubricate all bearings (ONE PUMP ONLY). Included are head and tail pulleys on all conveyors, snubber roller on loading conveyor, head and tail bearings on cement feeder screws, wheel bearing supports on turn head, etc.
- Lubricate all aggregate gate pivot points.
- Blow clean or replace all air filters on aeration blowers.
- Inspect and tighten all bolts and bearing set screws.
- Inspect and/or adjust all belt wipers.
- Lubricate packing at the ends of the cement feeder screws with oil.
- Inspect all decals.
- Remove build up from plant structure, charging hoods and hoppers.
- Inspect oil level in all gear reducers.
- Adjust or replace skirt-boards and conveyor seals as needed.
- Adjust and tighten conveyor belts as needed.
- Check operation of silo filter vents and dust collector cleaning systems.
- Check operation of storage bins level indicators, light bars and pinch valve systems.
- Change oil in all conveyor gear reducers.
- Remove bags in silo filter vent and dust collector and blow clean or replace.
- Tighten or replace all V-belts as needed.
- Inspect scale accuracy.
- Inspect water meter accuracy.
- Inspect hanger bearings in feeder screws and replace as needed.
- Inspect and/or replace bin aeration pads.
- Clean dust vent filters and bag houses.
- Check temperature of drive and bearings with a infrared heat gun. Note temperature of item for future reference.
- Note magnehellic gauges readings on Central Dust collector.
- Turn power off to plant and tighten all terminal wire connections. SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN.
- Compare amperage draw on each leg of 3 phase power. SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN.
TO REDUCE YOUR MAINTENANCE TIME – KEEP YOUR PLANT CLEAN.