CONCRETE BATCH PLANT MAINTENANCE AND LUBRICATION SCHEDULE - No Marvel Mystery OilMay 11, 2021
ALWAYS USE LOCKOUT-TAGOUT PROCEDURES. PLEASE REVIEW ALL RECOMMENDED SAFETY PROCEDURES BEFORE WORKING ON YOUR PLANT.
- Listen for air leaks. Loss of air pressure can reduce the accuracy of your batching.
- Plant air regulator should be set at 95 - 105 PSI. Anything needed higher is typically caused by a failing solenoid, air ram, or gate.
- Listen for your Dust Collectors pulsing cycle. Cartridges need to be pulsed clean with 95 PSI air.
- Visually look for excessive wear or changes in your batch plant.
- Look for oil residual on the exhaust of all of your plant solenoids; no need to waste oil, but you need to have oil travel through-out your pnuematics and discharge out the exhaust port.
- Drain all air tanks, manifolds and water traps.
- Check oil level in all pneumatic oilers on plant, fill as needed. Oilers have a feed adjustment on top.
- Inspect all air cylinders, gates and valves.
- Inspect tension on all V-drive belts.
- Inspect conveyor belts for alignment and excessive wear. A conveyor belt is aligned by using the return rollers and not the tail pulley.
- Inspect all guards to assure they are in place.
- Lubricate all screw conveyor reducer adaptors. (ONE PUMP ONLY)
- Lubricate all bearings (ONE PUMP ONLY). Included are head and tail pulleys on all conveyors, snubber roller on loading conveyor, head and tail bearings on cement feeder screws, wheel bearing supports on turn head, etc.
- Lubricate all aggregate gate pivot points.
- Blow clean or replace all air filters on aeration blowers.
- Inspect and tighten all bolts and bearing set screws.
- Inspect and/or adjust all belt wipers.
- Lubricate packing at the ends of the cement feeder screws with oil.
- Inspect all decals.
- Remove build up from plant structure, charging hoods and hoppers.
- Check the Silo Pop-off or relief valve on top of the silo is operational.
- Inspect oil level in all gear reducers.
- Adjust or replace skirt-boards and conveyor seals as needed.
- Adjust and tighten conveyor belts as needed.
- Check operation of silo filter vents and dust collector cleaning systems.
- Check operation of storage bins level indicators, light bars and pinch valve systems.
- Change oil in all conveyor gear reducers.
- Remove bags in silo filter vent and dust collector and blow clean or replace.
- Tighten or replace all V-belts as needed.
- Inspect scale accuracy.
- Inspect water meter accuracy.
- Inspect hanger bearings in feeder screws and replace as needed.
- Inspect and/or replace bin aeration pads and blower.
- Clean dust vent filters and bag houses.
- Check temperature of drive and bearings with a infrared heat gun. Note temperature of item for future reference.
- Note magnehellic gauges readings on Central Dust collector.
- Turn power off to plant and tighten all terminal wire connections. SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN.
- Compare amperage draw on each leg of 3 phase power. SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN.
TO REDUCE YOUR MAINTENANCE TIME – KEEP YOUR PLANT CLEAN.
Note: Marvel Mystery Oil is a solvent and should not be used in place of Air Tool Oil to lubricate your pnuematic valves and rams.
Please search our Blog Posts for more detail on above topics.